- The DASH for the STASH Program
- DASH for the STASH Press Releases
- 2019 DASH for the STASH Rules
- 2019 DASH for the STASH Educational Posters
- Resources for Participating Locations
The DASH for the STASH Program
The DASH for the STASH is a multi-State, online investor education and protection program and poster contest that arms investors with the unbiased and non-commercial information they need to make crucial investing decisions. The 2019 DASH program takes place at www.DASH4STASH.org from September 1 – October 31, 2019 in Alaska, Connecticut, Florida and Iowa.
The online DASH provides investor education and protection content in a format similar to a video game. Participants join “IRA the Squirrel” on a journey, accessing four video game levels that each have information related to an investor education and protection topic — Level 1: Financial Advisers; Level 2: Investment Fees; Level 3: Investor Fraud; Level 4: Building a Nest Egg. Participants score points and advance to the next level by collecting coins and acorns and answering a quiz question related to each level’s topic. At each level, participants will read a digital poster (available as a PDF) with educational content corresponding with that level’s topic. To be entered for the prize, a participant must complete all four levels and answer all four questions correctly. An eligible winner from each participating State will be randomly selected at the end of September and the end of October. Each winner will receive a $500 IRA contribution. The online DASH program and contest can be easily shared among social media networks and other communication platforms. The 2019 DASH for the STASH program builds on the success of previous programs held since 2014. The online DASH contest debuted in 2017 with 184 entries and participants from 26 States.
The IRA contribution will be sent directly to the winner’s bank or brokerage firm for the purpose of opening or making a 2019 contribution to an IRA. The winner must provide proof of eligibility to contribute to an IRA for 2019, and the winner will not receive cash, nor any other form of payment, in lieu of the IRA contribution. For IRA eligibility, check IRS.gov. Following the contest, IPI will randomly select a contest winner from each State from entries with all correct answers. The prize sponsor is the Investor Protection Institute. No purchase is necessary to play.
DASH for the STASH Press Releases
- 02.06.2018 Press Release: 1,300 Participated in “DASH for the STASH” Investor Education and Protection Contest in Locations in Seven States and D.C.
- News Advisory: Investor Education & Protection Program With $1,000 Prizes to Be Launched By Investor Protection Institute In Seven States & DC
- 09.08.2016 Press Release: 3,200 Participated in “DASH for the STASH” Investor Education and Protection Program in Libraries in 11 States and DC
- 08.20.2015 Press Release: 2,000 Participated in “DASH for the STASH” Investor Education and Protection Program in Libraries in Five States and DC
- 04.06.2015 Press Release: Five States and District of Columbia to Offer $1,000 Prizes in “DASH For The STASH” Financial Literacy Push in Libraries
The DASH for the STASH Rules
DASH for the STASH Posters
Each of the 2019 DASH for the STASH posters covers one investor topic and provides a lot of helpful investor education and protection information.
Resources for Participating Locations
- 2019 DASH for the STASH Q&A
- 2019 DASH Table Tent for Display by Participating Locations
- 2019 DASH Promotional Flyer
- 2019 Social Media Toolkit – Note this is a Word document and will download when you click the link