- The DASH for the STASH Program
- DASH for the STASH Press Releases
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Rules
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Educational Posters
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Participating Locations and Program Dates
- 2017 Online DASH for the STASH
- Take the Sample DASH for the STASH Quiz
- Resources for Participating Locations
The DASH for the STASH Program
Now in its fourth year, the DASH for the STASH is a multi-State investor education and protection program and poster contest that arms investors with the unbiased and non-commercial information they need to make crucial investing decisions. The 2017 DASH for the STASH program runs from April 1 – October 31, 2017. The program is a partnership between the Investor Protection Institute (IPI) and participating State Securities Offices.
The 2017 DASH is held in public libraries and other venues in eight participating States and jurisdictions: Alaska, District of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming. Each participating State has a specific DASH program time period between April 1 – October 31, 2017 for all of its State DASH activities. Please see Participating Locations and Program Dates for host venues and DASH special event dates in your State.
DASH features a series of informational posters posted in participating host locations in each participating State. Each poster focuses on one investor education and protection topic, and each poster topic features an associated quiz question to answer. The four poster topics are 1) Financial Advisers; 2) Investment Fees; 3) Investor Fraud and 4) Building a Nest Egg. To play, participants visit a participating location, read the content on each poster, scan the unique QR code to access that topic’s quiz question, and submit their answer via smartphone, tablet, laptop computer, or public computer available at the participating location. Each poster is rich in investor education and protection content and each takes approximately 5-10 minutes to read. One winner in each participating State will be chosen in a random drawing of eligible participants who logged the correct answer for all four posters. The winner will receive a $1,000 contribution to a new or existing Individual Retirement Account (IRA) for 2017.
The 2017 DASH program is also offering a national online version which runs from April 1-October 31, 2017. Winners will be randomly selected each month from among all participants who answered all questions correctly. Each winner (7 winners total) of the national online DASH will receive a $150 IRA contribution for 2017. Participants can only win DASH once whether they participate online or in person via the poster version at a host location.
The IRA contribution will be sent directly to the winner’s bank or brokerage firm for the purpose of opening or making a 2017 contribution to an IRA. The winner must provide proof of eligibility to contribute to an IRA for 2017, and the winner will not receive cash, nor any other form of payment, in lieu of the IRA contribution. For IRA eligibility, check IRS.gov. Following the contest, IPI will randomly select a contest winner from each State from entries with all correct answers. The prize sponsor is the Investor Protection Institute. No purchase is necessary to play.
DASH for the STASH Press Releases
- Investor Education & Protection Program With $1,000 Prizes to Be Launched By Investor Protection Institute In Seven States & DC
- 09.08.2016 Press Release: 3,200 Participated in “DASH for the STASH” Investor Education and Protection Program in Libraries in 11 States and DC
- 08.20.2015 Press Release: 2,000 Participated in “DASH for the STASH” Investor Education and Protection Program in Libraries in Five States and DC
- 04.06.2015 Press Release: Five States and District of Columbia to Offer $1,000 Prizes in “DASH For The STASH” Financial Literacy Push in Libraries
The DASH for the STASH Rules
DASH for the STASH Posters
Each of the 2017 DASH for the STASH posters covers one investor topic and provides a lot of helpful investor education and protection information.
Note that the online DASH posters are for educational purposes only and don’t include the QR code. To participate in the contest, visit one of the participating venues.
Each of the 2016 DASH for the STASH posters was also offered in Spanish and Chinese.
- 2016 What You Should Know About Financial Advisers poster — Spanish | Chinese
- 2016 What You Should Know About Investment Fees poster — Spanish | Chinese
- 2016 What You Should Know About Investor Fraud poster — Spanish | Chinese
- 2016 What You Should Know About Building a Nest Egg poster — Spanish | Chinese
2017 DASH for the STASH Participating Locations and Program Dates
Each participating State has a specific DASH program time period between April 1 – October 31, 2017 for all of its 2017 State DASH for the STASH activities:
- Alaska: April 1 – October 31, 2017
- District of Columbia: April 18 – June 18, 2017
- Florida: April 1 – October 31, 2017
- Iowa: April 1 – May 31, 2017
- Kentucky: August 1 – September 30, 2017
- Ohio: April 1 – October 31, 2017
- Pennsylvania: April 1 – October 31, 2017
- Wyoming: April 1 – April 30 and September 1 – September 30, 2017
Online DASH for the STASH Program
Take the Sample DASH for the STASH Quiz
Are you ready to put your knowledge of the four DASH for the STASH poster topics to the test? Take the six question sample DASH for the STASH quiz!
Resources for Participating Locations
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Guide for Host Locations
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Host Location Webinar Handout
- 2017 DASH for the STASH Host Location Webinar Audio Recording
- 2017 DASH Table Tent for Display by Participating Locations
- 2017 DASH Flyer for Host Locations
- 2017 DASH Promotional Flyer
- DASH Video Tutorial